Southern Scholarship Foundation is privately funded. Your gifts supply SSF with the critical operating support we need to cover the cost of rent-free housing scholarships for students. Your support also helps cover insurance, maintenance and repairs, furnishings, and other expenses. For your convenience, there are several ways to give!
- $20 for 20 Campaign Contribution — All proceeds benefit the construction of the new Gainesville Learning Center and celebrate our Director of Student Affairs in Central Florida, Teresa Turner, during her 20th year at SSF.
- Online Donations — You can donate online at any time. The process is quick and simple and can be started by clicking the 'Donate' button.
- Phone - Call SSF at (850) 222-3833 to make your gift by credit card.
- Mail - Simply make the check payable to Southern Scholarship Foundation, specifying any designation for your gift and mail to:
Southern Scholarship Foundation
322 Stadium Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304
- Make a gift of stock — A gift of appreciated securities is a great way to contribute, while maximizing your tax benefits. Consult your financial advisor to find out how.
- Make a charitable distribution from your IRA — By naming Southern Scholarship Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts, you can leave a legacy for SSF students. You will need to determine the right plan for you depending on a number of factors including your age, income needs and financial objectives.
REMEMBER: Charitable donors who have reached the age of 70 1/2 can now transfer any amount up to $100,000 annually from a traditional IRA directly to Southern Scholarship Foundation. This Charitable IRA Rollover provides tax savings because it counts toward your required minimum distribution, but it is NOT included in your taxable income.
- Honor someone special with a tribute, memorial gift, or sponsor an SSF resident.
- Remember us in your will or estate plans — Bequests allow you to leave a legacy for the Foundation that will provide the best housing possible for the students we serve. Allow us to plan for future expansion and build the endowment that secures our future.
- Facilitate a matching gift — Many companies offer a matching gift program to their employees, directors, employees' spouses or retirees as an added benefit. With these programs, a company will match an employee's gift to charitable and educational organizations. If your company has a matching gift program, you can take advantage of it by completing their matching gift form available through the Human Resources office of your company.
- Become a House Champion - Some of our houses no longer have active house sponsors. The House Champion program allows community supporters, board members, individuals and SSF alumni to take a house under their wing with pizza parties, Finals Week goodie bags, and love & support throughout the year!
- Park at our Tallahassee Campus for FSU Home Games - Click here for more info about our parking initiative with Kiwanis Division 3.
For more information on any of these ways to give contact:
Amber R. Tynan
Director of Development